The objectives of POLA are :
described in Article 3 of the POLA Charter and these were re-affirmed in the Seoul Declaration in 2009.
The goals of POLA include :
- 1.The exchange information and mutually co-operate regarding the operation and organization of the law associations.
- 2.To provide regional co-operation for the promotion of peace and human rights activities.
- 3.To make joint efforts for the enhancement of the rule of law.
- 4.To co-operate in advancing the status of lawyers, in developing the legal profession and the scope of its activities and in strengthening the activities of
the law associations in the region.
- 5.To co-operate with related international or global organizations such as the U.N.
- 6.To encourage increased public interest advocacy.
- 7.To reinforce the norms of professional ethics and
- 8.To foster the development of regulatory systems which ensure transparent and rule-based governance.